Board Members Present – Larry Wall, Ron Suter, Bud Hufnagel, Eric Parker, Ken Lewis, Doug Simpson, Christian Kar
Board Members Absent – none
Members Present – none
Secretary’s Report – Minutes for the November 8, 2008 meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report/Discussion – Eric presented an update; $9.5K split between water and general funds with current open invoices to Palm for the water line repairs and Roy for snow removal. General discussion concerning members with bad contact info and tools available to try and update our information…key part of the discussion was working with members that have still failed to pay the special assessment for water repairs. Christian brought up the idea of a threshold to initiate the lien process…Ken pointed out that the board in 2006 had set $2K or 180 days as the trip point. Key point is that prior efforts have not worked to collect outstanding balances. Eric talked about the revised financial policy for the association and we will plan to put a notice in the spring newsletter about the key points and the increase in cost to the members for LRAA filing and clearing liens ($250). All annual fee invoices to members are out…board to review accounting policy and continue discussion via email over next two weeks. After further discussion it was decided that we will have a special notice to members from the Tres. to announce the policy. We reopened the Chip Hall discussion concerning his open balance for his water hook-up. All members agreed that Eric as treasurer has the authority from the Board to finalize the negotiation with Hall and bring this matter to completion. We also agreed that the association position on this matter is that Hall will have until 3/1 to act on the latest offer from LRAA and if not the water hook-up fee will go from the current offer of $2K to the $5K that is charged for any new hook-up’s. Treasurer’s report approved.
- Accounting/Finance policy – Eric will resend the proposed accounting policy to the Board…to be reviewed by the board over the next two weeks.
- Eric has confirmed through our outside CPA (Bradshaw) and Gloria as past treasurer, that the association has filed all prior year’s tax returns and reports and that LRAA is current.
- Financial audit – Ron will follow-up on the RCW’s to see if we are required for a certified audit or not…our understanding is that we do not since we are not a condo association…Bud to draft internal audit proposal to members for the annual meeting.
- Snow removal and Unimog maintenance – we have all invoices thru Dec. and these total a little more than $1K. Dec was a very light month and we only had occasion to use the blower once. Thus far Jan. has been very light. Project is going very well thus far.
- Weed control – Bud will follow-up on bio-control options and will develop a bio-control proposal for the spring.
- Sewer hook-ups – Larry is to provide Eric with a list of sewer lines that had to be jacketed during the Mercer repairs at a cost of $315.00 each. A motion was made and approved (Doug dissenting) to bill affected members directly for this work. Subsequently we initiated a revised discussion that would allow the Sewer Association to pay the bill…this was the approach that Gail King was open to this past Nov. ~$2500 is due to LRAA form the SA membership and Eric will bill once Larry provides the documentation to support the charges. Motion was then made to bill the Sewer Association for this part of the project, overriding the motion just approved…Larry will address how to break out the bill with Gail and provide supporting documentation to Eric…motion approved
- By-laws update – Bud will start the update process and distribute to the board members in February/early March with planned member distribution in mid-April. This means the board will have to meet in March to specifically address all revisions in preparation for the April distribution.
- Water system update – Bud has forwarded a proposal to the board from a consulting engineer to assist LRAA with reviewing and assessing the system and how we should proceed. Board to respond to Bud by 1/31 with changes or suggestions. Pump for well 2 has been ordered and should be delivered by Mon/Tue of next week. Bill Lindsay has been paid in part for the pump/material and will install on arrival. We still need to complete our evaluation of potential leaks along Mercer now that the leak at Cech’s has been repaired. A discussion followed concerning Martin’s water line that they put in and asking the Board to pay the bill for his new service line…he attributes his problems to our repairs to the water line on Susan/Rainbow last winter. After further discussion, it could not be determined any causal effect, but the board agreed to consider Martin’s request if he could provide evidence support this position…Larry will follow-up and bring any info to the Board.
- New Board member options to replace Ken and Bud at the annual meeting – Tom Thompson and Frank Cech have expressed an interest in coming on the board.
- Background check for LRAA contractor’s – Based upon Tricia Cook’s inquiry, we are doing the check…Christian will follow-up with Eric on requirements; to protect the info of the individual, the report will be reviewed in a closed meeting of the Board and then destroyed.
- Board action to borrow dollars from the general fund to support water emergencies confirmed…action was approved unanimously via phone and email previously.
February 8, 2009; 0800 either at LRAA or via conf call
Meeting adjourned at 1031