A few highlights that we look forward to presenting are:
- An overview of what has been accomplished by your board in the last year
- Update on the collections/foreclosure process of delinquent dues
- An overview of dust control options
- Asking the membership to suggest and endorse the boards work priorities
- An update on the water system strategic plan
- A discussion about water meters
- A discussion about the future management of our association. A manager of some sort?
- An update on the airstrip strategic plan
- Elections for 3 board positions
- Cover Letter from Walt
- Draft Minutes from 2012 Annual Meeting
- Last Year’s Financial Year (FY) Period Reports
- A statement of our Bank Account Balances as of December 31, 2012, including a statement of reserve funds and surplus monies. A proposal to spend some of the surplus monies is included within that report
- Proposed Budget for 2014
- The budgets have been built to fund the work that needs to be done, instead of setting the dues then figuring out what you can do with it.
- Both the General Fund (GF) and Water Fund (WF) costs have increased. We have met our reserve goals of $25,000 in the GF and $50,000 in the WF. In addition we have some surplus monies, so the board will be asking the membership about using some of the surplus monies to keep the dues at last year’s level and not increase them in 2014. Three models will be presented;
1) Allowing the 2014 dues to rise equal to cost increases.
2) Using surplus monies to hold the dues at 2013 levels and
3) Using surplus monies to hold the increase at 50% of the actual increase in costs.
- The current (2013) budget is posted on the web site. You can refer to it for information about changes proposed in 2014 budget.
- Water and Airport Strategic plans
- Overview of the upcoming Requirement for Individual Service Water Meters