Lost River Airport Refuse and Recycling Notables and Guidelines
Winter Season 2010-2011
• Our community dumpsters are for household trash ONLY. Our dumpsters are not to be used for building materials and toxic tossables.
• When our dumpster lids do not close, our association incurs extra charges. Please distribute refuse so that it is contained within the dumpsters.
• Please keep all garbage and garbage receptacles indoors to avoid encouraging any pests or wildlife, and to help keep our community clean.
• A very limited amount of recycling is available for Glass, Cans, and Cardboard, and this service is paid for by our members. Please use the appropriate bins: Recycling, with the exception of cardboard, left outside of the bins will be thrown into the dumpsters. Please bring any plastic and paper products you wish to recycle into Methow Recycles in Twisp, or the recycling center of your choice.
• As the holiday season typically generates greater recycling needs, please take any excessive recycling materials into Methow Recycles in Twisp, or the recycling center of your choice.
Please know that we truly appreciate your attention to these matters!
The following items are prohibited and will not be accepted in the garbage.
Bio-med of any kind: This includes, but is not limited to hypodermic syringes, or needles. Tubes containing blood, body fluids or liquids, wet bloody saturated gauze or bandages, body parts or pieces.
Hazardous Waste: Explosives, oil, gas, paints, fertilizers, cleaners liquids, etc [a product is hazardous if the label mentions the words Pesticide, Caustic, Acid, flammable, Warning, Danger or Poison] Also, no cylinders, propane, welding gases etc.
Household appliances, batteries or tires: Please take these items to the appropriate solid waste facility.
For additional information, please contact:
Okanogan County Department of Public Works – Solid Waste: (509) 422-2602 or visit www.okanogancounty.org/PW/solid_waste_recycling.htm
Twisp Transfer Station: (509) 997-2025